Friday, June 8, 2012


I wanted to share a couple things.

First, Michelle Pfieffer has gone vegan! Cool. I always liked her.
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/04/michelle-pfeiffer-why-i-became-a-vegan/#comment-810944

And second, this video of an auction house's treatment of animals. I haven't even watched the whole thing yet - I started crying to much. I've always had animals growing up, and they were like family (my mother literally called them my siblings), and whenever we'd find a rabbit or dog or anything injured in our backyard, we would do what we could for it. I don't even kill most of the bugs in my apartment. I let them outside (unless it's like, y'know, super poisonous).
http://www.mercyforanimals.org/auction/video.aspx

I'm still on some shaky ground as far as my beliefs and convictions about animal treatment, but I know what's being done in that video is just plain wrong. If you're an atheist, try for some camaraderie with the other living things on the planet; if you have a god, then be respectful of what he put on this earth for us. You don't have to value animals above or equal with humans, but they have a lot of value as living things. That's what I believe.


And now I'll get down from my soapbox. The air gets thin up there sometimes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment